Registering a property for tourist use
Since May 11, 2016 all property located in a residential area that is regularly offered through marketing or promotion channels to tourists for rental at a price, (i.e. through travel agencies, mediators or organizing companies, or through any media giving the possibility of making a reservation or booking), is considered housing for tourism use.
Type of Accommodation:
- Complete properties: The maximum permitted sleeping capacity for each property is of 15 people at any one time.
- Bed and Breakfast /Rooms: -he owner must reside in the property and cannot sleep more than 6 people at any one time.
In both cases the maximum occupation per room should not exceed 4 people.
Registering a property for tourist use – Requirements:
- Occupation Licence or Certificate of Habitability
- All rooms must have direct ventilation from outside or from a patio, and must have some means of darkening.
- The accommodation must be sufficiently furnished and equipped to meet the immediate requirements of the number of people specified
- If the rental period includes dates in the months from May to September (inclusive), a fixed cooling device must be provided or if the rental period includes dates in the months from October to April (inclusive), then heating must be provided.
- First aid kit.
- Provide: information and operating instructions for all appliances; tourist information; and telephone numbers for queries and incidents.
- All properties must have a “Complaints and Claims Book” readily available with a corresponding prominently displayed wall notice.
- The accommodation must be clean for the arrival and at the exit of clients
- Bedding, linen, household goods in general should be supplied
- Information on internal rules for use of the facilities and for the community.
How to register in the Andalucia Tourism Register free of charge
Make a written statement demonstrating your responsibility and compliance with the above listed requirements:
- Register in the Register of Tourism of Andalusia when you will be assigned a code number.
- Include your registration code number in all of the advertising and promotions related to the property.
The following properties are NOT included in the above law:
- Rentals without payment.
- Rentals for a continuous period of more than 2 months to the same individual/s.
- Rural Properties.
- When a group of 3 or more properties which are located in the same building, complex, urbanization, or group of buildings are rented by one person or company.